Your browser does not support JavaScript! Do I need an EICR? - WLEC

Do I need an EICR?

From 1st April 2021, every property rented to private tenants must have an EICR certificate.  This includes tenants under Assured Shorthold Tenancy, Licence to Occupy, and a Periodic Tenancy.  A Periodic Tenancy is where a rental agreement has expired and neither landlord or tenant has served written notice on each other to end the tenancy and it ‘rolls-over’ into a continuation of the original agreement.

You do not need an EICR if you are:

  • Council tenant
  • Housing Association tenant
  • Lodger (Tenant who lives with their landlord)